Sunday 19 October 2014

21 Awesome Things To Do When You Go To Oregon

Got a long weekend to explore Portland and the Oregon Coast? Here’s a step-by-step guide from a Great Northwest native (me) who’s sampled a lot of what Oregon has to offer.




Photographs by Lauren Zaser / BuzzFeed. Design by Chris Ritter / BuzzFeed


Take this route for a weekend of adventure!


Take this route for a weekend of adventure!


Using this map you'll be able to see and taste 5 distinct Oregon cities. I took a long weekend, taking Thursday, Friday and Monday off of work. While Thursday and Monday were primarily travel days (I was coming from NYC) I was still able to visit each city and spend a couple of hours taking in the sights and flavors. I spent most of my time in Portland and Newport.


Design by Chris Ritter / BuzzFeed


Arrive in Portland and feast on oysters at Block+Tackle


Arrive in Portland and feast on oysters at Block+Tackle


Thursday night: Whenever I land in the Pacific Northwest the first thing I want to do is slurp back some oysters. Block + Tackle has a great variety that's constantly changing. Their oyster menu is super helpful, listing flavor profiles, size and of course location. Pro tip: Try to make it into their happy hour when oysters are $1 off.


Photograph by Lauren Zaser / BuzzFeed. Design by Chris Ritter / BuzzFeed




View Entire List ›


No comments:

Post a Comment