Wednesday 28 January 2015

This Is What Happens When You Watch "Supernatural" With No Context

“Did he just say perky nipples?” and 35 other weird thoughts.


Everything I know about Supernatural, I know because of Tumblr.


Everything I know about Supernatural, I know because of Tumblr.


Going by all of the gifs and one-off mini slash fics written in the tags, I understood that there are cute dudes going around fighting demons and other scary things.


Like Buffy, but with men.


The CW / Via spncapsdaily.tumblr.com


Besides that, I had absolutely no context for the characters, the setting, or the plot.


Besides that, I had absolutely no context for the characters, the setting, or the plot.


I know that some of the cute dudes are related and some of them are (maybe) doing it? Again, this is all v. poorly informed. Blame the internet.


The CW / Via spnfans.tumblr.com


I asked a friendly Supernatural guru what random episode I should watch and she told me to go for Castiel's introduction.


I asked a friendly Supernatural guru what random episode I should watch and she told me to go for Castiel's introduction.


I was not prepared.


The CW / Via spncapsdaily.tumblr.com


•From Tumblr I know that there's a long-haired brother and a short-haired brother, and we begin with short-haired brother having ominous flashbacks to his time hanging out with the cenobytes from Hellraiser. That's where he is, right? What with the hooks in his flesh and the creepy voices? I really liked Hellraiser, so I'm guessing I'll like this show.


•Now he's woken up and he's in a coffin. Why is he using a lighter to see when he's in a coffin? I feel like the oxygen situation would become a lil dire after a few minutes of that, buddy.


•Oh never mind, he's doing that thing from the last scene of Carrie where he pops out of the grave all dirty. This is a horror show, right? I didn't think to check the genre before I got myself into this.


•Now that he's out of his grave, he looks like every handsome guy I didn't have a crush on in college. He looks like he rushed Beta and pays like 10 bucks for a haircut, maximum.


•He's breaking into a gas station, which furthers my hypothesis that he's a hellbro. Maybe from Iowa or something.


•Wait, he's robbing the place. And the electronics are going crazy like in The Twilight Zone. (This is a horror show. Is this a horror show?)


•"Oh I'll just pour salt on a window that will solve my problem," —a Hellbro


•DEAN. DEAN, THAT'S HIS NAME. Hi Dean! You're cute.




View Entire List ›


No comments:

Post a Comment