Thursday 24 July 2014

10 "Simpsons" Episodes That Profoundly Influenced Your Life

We asked around the office at BuzzFeed and came up with this list of Simpsons episodes that could change your life. That’s if they haven’t already.


Foreword by Mark Frackt


Foreword by Mark Frackt


"I owe much of my pop culture knowledge to The Simpsons. Definitely

pops up at weird times. Whether its watching the Kentucky Derby and

hearing them sing "My Old Kentucky Home" and thinking about a young

George Burns singing it (Bobo episode) to somehow knowing the lyrics

to the Gilbert and Sullivan musical "HMS Pinafore" without having ever

seen it, only by listening to Sideshow Bob sing it me so many times. I

also find myself meeting people named Steve from New York City and

thinking, 'I heard some guy got killed in New York City and they never

solved the case. But you wouldn't know anything about that now, would

you, Steve?' (Baseball Episode)."


Fox


"Lisa's Wedding" - suggested by Julia Pugachevsky


"Lisa's Wedding" - suggested by Julia Pugachevsky


"She rejects the love of her life because he won't accept her family. Because I used to be insecure about my family and cared what dumb people thought of my parents."


Memorable quotes:


Lisa: "I can't believe I'm hearing this. I don't want to cut my family out of my life."

Hugh: "Really? But Lisa, you're better than this place: you're like a flower that grew out of a pot of dirt."

Lisa: "That's a horrible thing to say!"

Hugh: "Well, come on, you complain about them more than anyone."

Lisa: "Maybe, but I still love them! And I don't think you understand that."


Fox


"Bart's Inner Child" - suggested by Brad Esposito


"Bart's Inner Child" - suggested by Brad Esposito


"Bart's Inner Child," and more specifically the character of Brad Goodman, had a big influence on my life I didn't realize until recently. I had used mantras and phrases from that episode for a large portion of my life (most of that time probably not realizing what it meant, if anything).


Memorable quotes:


Brad Goodman: "I DO what I FEEL like."

Crowd: "Be like the boy!"


Fox


"Boy Scouts 'n the Hood" - suggested by Justin Dailey


"Boy Scouts 'n the Hood" - suggested by Justin Dailey


"The episode where Bart and Milhouse find a $20 bill and drink an epic slurpy that leads them on a night on the town. I learned that just a little thing can go a long way as long as you're positive about the situation. Words I live by now."


Memorable quotes:


Homer: "Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts."

Apu: "All done! If you survive, please come again."


Fox




View Entire List ›


No comments:

Post a Comment