Saturday 31 May 2014

Most Enthusiastic Spelling Bee Contestant Ever Shouts "I Know It!" Before Misspelling Word

Jacob Williamson may have lost the National Spelling Bee after misspelling “kabaragoya,” but he won a lot of hearts over his unbridled love of words.


"Please give me a word I know," Williamson excitedly told bee Pronouncer Jacques Bailly before getting "euripus" on Wednesday.


"Please give me a word I know," Williamson excitedly told bee Pronouncer Jacques Bailly before getting "euripus" on Wednesday.


Jacob replied: "I know it! Greek, right?" Yes, came the answer, and Williamson quickly spelled the word correctly.


Jacob replied: "I know it! Greek, right?" Yes, came the answer, and Williamson quickly spelled the word correctly.


AP Photo/ Evan Vucci


On Wednesday night, Williamson also aced his word "carcharodont."





View Entire List ›


No comments:

Post a Comment