Monday 27 October 2014

A Filmmaker Traveled For Months To Make A Time-Lapse Video Breaking Stereotypes About India

“I want to change the conventional perception of what India is, beyond the bullock carts and snake charmers,” Arjun Mennon told BuzzFeed.


Arjun Mennon, a 25-year-old filmmaker currently living in Mumbai, is on a mission to change the world's perceptions of India.


Arjun Mennon, a 25-year-old filmmaker currently living in Mumbai, is on a mission to change the world's perceptions of India.


As the child of an army officer, he grew up all around the country and studied at more than 13 schools. "My (late) father made sure we explore places all around us, my childhood memories involve a lot of traveling to lesser known beautiful places," he explained. "I think this is the reason I decided to be a "travel" photographer soon after I got my degree in Life Sciences, which still sits locked up, collecting dust."


Arjun Menon


In order to make this video, Arjun travelled India for 4 months and collected over 2 million images.


In order to make this video, Arjun travelled India for 4 months and collected over 2 million images.


"I funded my idea by shooting weddings," he told BuzzFeed in an email. "My project involved months of travel to some stunning natural and architectural wonders in India... The locations here vary from Spiti Valley in the Himalayas to the beaches of Andaman Islands, Tawang (Arunachal Pradesh) from North Eastern India to the Taj Mahal in Agra."



Arjun Menon




View Entire List ›


No comments:

Post a Comment