Wednesday 29 October 2014

An Intimate Look Into Life With Asperger's Syndrome

Photographer Leah Nash has spent several years focusing on individuals with Asperger’s Syndrome. What she captures reveals the complex diversity that exists across the spectrum of Autism.


First documented in 1944, Asperger's is a high-functioning form of Autism. Individuals with Asperger's Syndrome can be quite gifted, but are often socially awkward and unable to make friends. They may be physically clumsy and have limited eye contact, alongside repetitive behaviors and interests in unusual topics.



Twenty-one-year-old Anna Bauer lays on her prized possession, a 24-second shot clock. Anna has Asperger's Syndrome, a form of high-functioning Autism, which includes a tendency to fixate on certain subjects or objects. For her, it's scoreboards.


Leah Nash



Leah Nash



"Ever since I got this shot clock, especially when I am home alone, I feel less lonely and I feel like it is another friend to me and it actually give me company," say's Anna.


Leah Nash




View Entire List ›


No comments:

Post a Comment