Wednesday 6 August 2014

Any Book Lover Will Swoon Over This Craigslist Missed Connection

“I couldn’t work myself up to tell you how much I’d love a million more days in the park like that one with you.”


Yesterday, someone posted a missed connection on Craigslist after having a ~ moment ~ with a guy she came across in a Brooklyn bookstore called WORD.


Yesterday, someone posted a missed connection on Craigslist after having a ~ moment ~ with a guy she came across in a Brooklyn bookstore called WORD .


Via newyork.craigslist.org


And it's written pretty damn beautifully.


And it's written pretty damn beautifully.


Thinkstock


We spotted each other at WORD. I don't think you followed me but we ended up in the park afterward. You sat next to me on a bench as the sun was beginning to set. You were reading Willa Cather and I was reading Edward St. Aubyn.


Our knees touched once and then 5 minutes later touched again and quietly stayed that way. It was the most romantic thing I'd ever felt. I knew we were both too shy to ever say anything to one another and I regret it badly now. I kept straining my eyes to the right side of my head to see if you were doing the same to the left.


When my friend I was meeting for dinner found me at the bench I died because I knew I couldn't work myself up to tell you how much I'd love a million more days in the park like that one with you. I came back an hour later but you were gone. Find me. Please.




View Entire List ›


No comments:

Post a Comment