Wednesday 31 December 2014

12 Sobering Resolutions From A War Zone

Photographers Álvaro Laiz and David Rengel ask a simple question: “What are your future plans?” The answers are sobering and tragic.


The war in northern Uganda began in 1986 and has been marked by the LRA's well-documented brutality against civilians, including the seizure of children to be used as fighters and sex slaves, and the widespread use of mutilation.


I would like a good house on my own land.


I would like a good house on my own land.


"In the LRA they beat me constantly because I couldn't understand their language, and when I came back my brother disowned me for bearing a child to the rebels. What choice did I have in both cases? Was it my fault?"


Álvaro Laiz / David Rengel


To obtain counseling and guidance.


To obtain counseling and guidance.


"The only lives spared were those of children too young to be kidnapped and pregnant women, who were allowed to stay so that they would look after the children who could be kidnapped in the future. When they finished, we were obliged to clap. Only one year after they came back and took me"


Álvaro Laiz / David Rengel




View Entire List ›


No comments:

Post a Comment