Tuesday 31 March 2015

Dating Advice You Wish You Could Give Your Younger Self

19 BuzzFeed employees answered with some pretty great tips.


You ARE dateable.


You ARE dateable.


"I went through the majority of my high school years being self-conscious and thinking I wasn't really 'worthy' of a relationship. So because of that, I would never put myself out there."


David Bertozzi / BuzzFeed


Fall in love with yourself first.


Fall in love with yourself first.


"Don't worry about rushing to find a partner to 'complete' you. Discover how to make yourself feel whole intellectually, emotionally, and physically, first and foremost. Then, when you do meet someone, ask yourself, 'Can this person bring me the same level of happiness that I bring myself?'"


David Bertozzi / BuzzFeed


Don't pretend to like certain movies or music just because he does!


Don't pretend to like certain movies or music just because he does!


"I would buy songs from bands the guy I was dating liked, even though I didn't like them. I'd make myself listen to them so I'd have something to talk about with him. It was completely stupid, and didn't make me feel like me. Plus, I'd pretend to enjoy certain movies, simply because they were his favorites. I was afraid of judgment if I didn't share in his interests. Honestly, it should have been a red flag to me."


David Bertozzi / BuzzFeed


Only sleep with people you actually like.


Only sleep with people you actually like.


"It's definitely awesome that you're meeting new people and figuring out what you like sexually, but just because your answer's not 'no,' you don't always have to say 'yes.' You don't have to wake up every Sunday in someone else's bed. Sleep with people because they're kind or cool or funny or sexy — not because they're right there. Sleep with people you actually like. You'll save loads of money on cab fare."


David Bertozzi / BuzzFeed




View Entire List ›


No comments:

Post a Comment