Monday 13 April 2015

The Untold Story Behind 7 Of Selena's Biggest Hits

The late singer’s brother A.B. Quintanilla, who wrote and produced many of them, spoke to BuzzFeed News for Selena Week. Quintanilla sings, plays the bass and produces songs for Kumbia All Starz.



Paul Howell / AP


1.


1.


Andrea Hickey/BuzzFeed


When it was released in 1992 for the album "Entre A Mi Mundo" the song peaked at number six on Billboard's Hot Latin Tracks and number nine on Regional Mexican Songs.


"Believe it or not I wrote that in 20 minutes. A lot of songs came fast and some came slow, this was one of those that came real fast," A.B. Quintanilla told BuzzFeed News. "It came to me while I was in the shower in a hotel in Bryan, Texas, but in the movie they put the scene on the bus. Maybe they didn't want to see Jacob Vargas without a shirt."


The last time Selena sang "Como La Flor" was in Bryan, Texas during her last performance, Quintanilla said, though most people mistakenly believe her last concert was at the Astrodome in Houston, Texas.


When Selena was recording the song she left before singing the background vocals, Quintanilla said. She told her brother to do the vocals instead.


"Home girl just bounced on me she said 'I'm out of here I'm going to the mall,'" Quintanilla said laughing. "I had to go over them forever until I got it in tune, so I'm actually singing in 'Como La Flor' with Selena."





View Entire List ›


No comments:

Post a Comment